Sunday, June 21, 2009

Super Saver Sunday!

Oh thank goodness for Nicole!! These past few weeks have been crazy! I will tell you all about it when it is situated and a positive outcome is resolved (because I have faith that it will), but in the meantime here is Nicole Elliot's contribution to Super Saver Sunday!


Super Saver Sunday

At a Coast Guard bbq we were having in celebration of our Ant. Ft. Macon boys coming in 3rd (woo hoo!!!!) we were all discussing phone bills and prices and it got me thinking. I was surprised to find out that the other Coasties there didn't realize that many cell companies provide a substantial military discount. We have Verizon and they give us a 15% discount each month which was super easy to get, I'm not even sure what we did but I think all they required was either a LES or a copy of your military ID. There are so many ways being in the military can benefit you if you only know about them! On our move out here we only stayed in motels that gave a military discount. We recently went to the on-base movie theater and paid $9 total for 2 tickets, a popcorn, and 2 drinks. You can't even get in to the (not very nice) civilian theaters around here for that!!! So what I'm saying is, be sure to always ask about military discounts!!! It can't hurt and might save you a bunch of money!

As always if you have any goodies to post e-mail me at coastiewivescorner@yahoo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment