Sunday, May 31, 2009

Super Saver Sunday!

Well here it is again! Man That week went by so quick. So how did you do on your menu planning? Were you able to stick to it and stay within budget? If not its ok just try again this week. We did not completely follow the menu either partially due to unforseen events and partially due to us receiving some awesome produce from a friend that needed to be cooked right away. Looking back we ate very little off of our menu because of this. Oh well. We can use some of the same dishes this week. Here is our menu for the week...

Breakfast:
Same as before

Lunch:
Sandwiches and leftovers

Dinner:
Meat Loaf and green beans
Navajo Tacos
Turkey Burgers and corn
Baked Flounder and salad
Eggplant Pasta Bake
Leftover Day!!!
Hotdogs and Hamburgers (Cookout Sat Night for Hubby)


I am so grateful to Nicole for helping me out with this project and love to receive her little pearls of wisdom as well. Here is one of her contributions for Super Saver Sunday!!...


My best super saver idea is that I pick everyone elses brains for good ideas!!! I love gathering money saving ideas from friends, online, and through newletters. I get this free bi-montly enzine called Counting the Cost that has great saving tips and tricks. http://www.countingthecost.com/subscribe.htm
There's a lot of great information out there if you just look and ask around!

Too true!! There is a ton of wonderful info out there! It just takes looking around a bit! One of the things that I found while looking and blogstalking ;-) was the success that some people were having with the Dave Ramsey Program. It is a really nice budgeting program to help you take the money you have right now and pay off your bills, learn to live debt free, and save for the future. Now I haven't subscribed to his program but did find his worksheets for free on his website. Since DH is always gone I have just always managed the bills and the budget and that has always worked for us. We have debt but we always justified it with "It wasn't as bad as all those other people!" (I know real healthy huh?)

Anyways one of Ramsey's biggest suggestions is to tell your money where to go down to the very last cent, and this planning should be done with your spouse. I had no problem telling my $$ where to go but we had never sat down together and hashed it out. But really it worked! A huge burden was lifted off my shoulders because now I shared the responsibility of the budget and DH now understood I wasn't just being "mean" when I told him the $$ wasn't there. I am interested in reading Ramsey's book as soon as a friend finishes it, in the meantime check out his budgeting sheets on his website. www.daveramsey.com/fpumember

No comments:

Post a Comment