Tuesday, May 19, 2009

A Beautiful Stop in North Carolina...

As a native of North Carolina I must say I am truly ashamed to say that I have never personally visited this place, but thanks to fellow coastie wife Nicole Elliott, I have a new number one place to visit when I go back! Not to mention the beautiful digital scrapbook page she did! Check out what she has to say below about Tryon Palace and remember, if you have a juicy find feel free to pass it on with any pictures to: coastiewivescorner@yahoo.com

Tryon Palace:

The Tryon Palace in New Bern is an amazing way to spend a day! They have a military discount for the full package which includes a tour of the palace and 3 or so of the surrounding homes and access to the gardens. The tour guides dress up in period costumes and provide interesting and funny information during the tour. If you'd just have a more relaxing-less learning oriented experience you can opt for just a garden pass which is around $5-8 per person. They also offer many "free days" when you can access the gardens for free--of course these are usually on the weekend and packed full, so the money is well worth it! I have been several times and really enjoyed the tour and the gardens are GORGEOUS! I would go back weekly if I had the money :) I would definitely recommend checking it out at least once, and it's a great place to take out of town visitors while you're showing them the sights :) Check out their website at http://www.tryonpalace.org/
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment