Saturday, July 11, 2009

Oops I forgot.

Not to have a family dinner on Friday, but just to blog about it. Honestly my meal planning routine has been shot to you know where ever since my daughter got out of the hospital but anyways. No excuse right? Right.


Now my family is personally on a new healthy eating changeover that is including the extreme reduction if not elimination of meat. No, I don't think cows should be pets instead of a steak on my plate, I am just making the choice with all of the hormones and crap out there to limit our intake of all of that. So most of my meal suggestions will be meat free, so if you want some meat, blog it up and send it to me!! LOL


Ok on to my meal. This is my latest favorite dish.


Allison's Tomato Bisque Soup


3-4 large tomatoes

1 can of tomato sauce

1 small can of evaporated milk

Basil, Bay leaf, pinch of salt, a little pepper, and oregano (I have no measurements here just a pinch and a palm and whatever, think Rachel Ray guys!)


Throw all of this together and let cook for a while, then if you want a really smooth consisteny throw it in the food processor to do up the tomatoes.

Once cooked up take about a half a cup of all purpose flour and slowl add it in to the soup. This will thicken the soup and give you mini biscuits or pastas if you will.


Serve garnished with some parmesean and a little parsley and MMMMMMM GOOD!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment